This high quality, precision-machined mill that is easy to set up and use. A consistent, precise crush is vital for making the best beer possible.
Why Buy Form Us: 1. The most important part in the mill is the roller. The key criteria for roller is the material. Some of these products on the market are using 1018 steel. Our mill is using 1045 Steel. Please see below for more information 1018 is a low-carbon steel, as it contains 0.18% carbon. Low-carbon steels are easily weldable and inexpensive; however, they also have low strength. The Tensile Strength, or the pressure that will break the steel, is 63,800 pounds per square inch (psi). Yield Strength, or the pressure that will permanently bend the steel is 53,700 psi. Elongation describes the amount that a sample of material will stretch before breaking; the elongation of 1018 steel is 15.0%.1045 is a medium-carbon steel, made with 0.45% carbon. Medium-carbon steels are stronger than low-carbon steels, but not as easy to weld, and can be tempered by quenching. Yield strength for 1045 steel is much higher than that of 1018, at 76,900 psi, so if the steel needs to flex and return to its original shape, 1045 steel would be preferred to 1018.Low-carbon steels are preferred for making chain, pipe, wire and nails. Medium-carbon steels are better for crankshafts, heat treated machine parts, screws and axles.
2. We are using real bearing for the roller instead of brass bushings.Real ball bearings not only make the lifetime of the mill longer also make the whole grinding process more efficient.
1. Materials: 1045 Medium Carbon Steel for the rollers (stronger than 1018 cold rolled steel), 6061 Aluminum for the mill body and hopper.
2. Real ball bearings for rollers instead of brass bushings.
3. Adjustable rollers at both ends to give uniform crush. Adjustable range: 0.025 - 0.1" (default 0.05").
4. The rollers have a 12 TPI knurl that pulls grain through while leaving the hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging.
5. Hopper holds approximately 5Kg of grain.
6. Output rate: 6lb/Min.
7. Includes a hand-crank. Also roller diameter is optimized for use with power drill directly.
1. Clean it with water before using.
2. No need to coat vegetable oil on the surface of rollers during production process.
3. During storage, put this machine in a dry cool place with the package. Coat vegetable oil on the surface of the rollers regularly to avoid rust and extend the service life.
1. Total height approx: 440mm
2. Hopper top dimensions approx: 220 x 220mm.
3. Hopper bottom dimensions approx: 120 x 70mm.
1 x Malt Muncher Grain Mill with high HOPPER